Use Phyllis Schlafly's Column "Global Warming is Frozen Over" and the links below to answer the following quesitons.
1. Why did 20,000 delegates meet in
2. What is "Climategate"?
3. Why would Climate Research Unit try to suppress information concerning global weather patterns?
4. Why would Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus call the theory of global warming a "religion"?
5. What main assumption are global-warming supporters making?
6. Does the U.S. Constitution give the federal government power to regulate emissions? If so, which Article and Clause give Congress authorization?
What's your opinion:
2. Obama is on record as promising that
3. Would you be willing to lower your standard-of-living in order to meet regulatory emissions standards?
4. Even if one concedes that global-warming is occurring, do you think a global treaty requiring nations to lower total emissions would be an effective solution? Why or why not?
5. Is it possible to find middle-ground on the debate concerning global warming? What would the compromise be?
Research Challenge: Research historical hysterias concerning global weather trends. Are they consistently concerned with warming? How long ago was the last hysteria?
Action: Post Phyllis Schlafly's column on your Facebook, MySpace, or Twitter, or any other social network in which you are a member.
Links of interest: